Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Outdoor companies and the military

SteveoS - on 14 Sep 2013
Having bagged a free ticket to this years DSEI and as a cheap day in London, I went along. Now of course there where guns and missiles everywhere but I never expected to see Patagonia and Arcteryx tags on camouflaged clothing.

I understand there is a market for quality gear for soldiers across the world but from a company as peace loving and environmentally sound as Patagonia? Arcteryx to be fair to them have their camo gear easily accessible online but Patagonia only have this: https://www.patagonia.com/us/patagonia.go?assetid=52569

I know a few of you have heated opinions on armed forces (from reading Syria threads etc.) so what do you think of companies providing for armed forces? Would you boycot them? Question their ethics? Bear in mind DMM have a tactical version of their gear who also had a cool stand this year.

I also found MMI Outdoors who make a brilliant 1 man side entry tent that's 'squaddie resistant' tough.
... not showing 61 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums