UKC

Need new bouldering mat . .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rw42 15 Sep 2013
Hi I need a new mat. I like the look of the new snap wrap but as it's just come out I can't find any feedback. There is a review on the outside website, but the mat is expensive so I wondered what other people thought before I take the plunge. I'm also interested to know what people think about the 'variable cushioning' it has.

I also like the look of the edelrid crux and dead point. Any body got any feedback on these?

Oh, and one more, anyone got one of the organic crash pads? They look to be made in US to order, anyone tried one and is there a stockist in uk?

Cheers
In reply to rw42: I've got a Snap Bun and a Wrap. I've been really impressed with the Wrap. Well made, large coverage and 15cm thickness. It feels really soft at low velocities like sit starts and low roofs and firms up nicely landed on from highball.
Overall, 10/10. I have been teaming it up with the Bun, and I think the bun spreads the impact well at mid velocity. It's an expensive mat. However I bought mine off the Internet from a shop in Paris for 239euros including delivery. Can't find the address at the moment, but there are other outlets in Germany.
Outside are stocking them, so it might be a good idea to drop by and check it out.
Paul
OP rw42 15 Sep 2013
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:
Thanks Paul, funnily enough I have a snap bun too which has been great but foam a bit soft after lots of use, hence new mat.

What's the wrap like to fall on from somewhere between sit start and highball, say with feet between 4 and 6ft up?

Cheers
In reply to rw42: prob best of the bunch, particularly off roofs at that height onto your back. I always found (for example) the Moon Saturn to be a bit firm for this.
Did lots of this on Saturday on a project and the Wrap performed well.
Build quality on mine is excellent. The new model looks even better if you can live with bright orange!
 Steve nevers 16 Sep 2013
In reply to rw42: Where are you based?

There happens to be a shop down Bristol way that you can currently get a Snap Bun for £110 brand new, (but you might need a to get a local to have a word)
OP rw42 17 Sep 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: based in bradford, Bristol a bit far, but thanks for heads up.
OP rw42 17 Sep 2013
In reply to paul_in_cumbria: cheers Paul think you've convinced me to get the wrap!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...