UKC

Cap Frehel?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jimtitt 15 Sep 2013
In reply to matt perks:
We (my brother and I) were there last month poking around, there´s a few cliffs on the East side which could be o.k. but in an extremely adventurous way (and that´s from a combined 90 years of adventurous sea cliff climbing)!
The top-out´s are pretty well impossible and the whole area is a nature reserve so bashing stakes in is not going to be approved of. You´d need to get boat access and lower-off.
There are some sport routes on the East side in the old quarry areas as you go toward the cape which looked so vile that we didn´t bother.
Removed User 15 Sep 2013
I climbed a route on one of the larger faces back in the early eighties. Ok rock up to about fifteen feet below the top where it all turned to rubble. Rain stopped a return visit and my retreat nut is probably just a rusty stain now.
 alan ashmore 16 Sep 2013
In reply to matt perks: we were at crozon further south (alot further)there was some fairly decent stuff there some easy slabs and some harder seacliff all accessible on foot but not a lot of it.
 Doug 16 Sep 2013
In reply to matt perks: I visited once, & although there's a lot of rock, much of it looks loose/friable etc and the only recorded routes that I could find were inland a little (see http://www.camptocamp.org/sites/165676/fr/pleherel-plage )

Its also a bird reserve so climbing may even be banned
testagrigia 16 Sep 2013
In reply to matt perks: Interesting site on climbing in Brittany: http://www.krimpadenn.fr/
 Doug 16 Sep 2013
In reply to testagrigia: not seen that before, but doesn't give much info for Cap Frehel
OP matt perks 16 Sep 2013
In reply to matt perks: Cheers for all the info. That leaves me thinking that straight up routes might be better avoided but there does look to be potential for a Magical Mystery Tour experience. After all, the crag above Magical Mystery Tour is not so hot (with the obvious exception of Moonraker of course). I'll put it on my list.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...