Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - First climbing holiday - options and advice

dl_wraith - on 16 Sep 2013
So, I'm sitting in sunny Manchester (HA!) starring at the rain and feeling miserable when I thought, "Hey! I know!! I'll book a holiday and climb in more pleasant conditions!". I'm sure I'm not the first to think along these lines :)

Problem is, I'm pretty much solo - no regular partners or close buddies to drag with me and no real idea as to good places. Add to this a distinct lack of experience and you're looking at a (relatively funny) disaster waiting to happen.

To mitigate the problem I've found a site to get a climbing 'holiday' from where guides etc are provided. Now the dilemma is this:
Costa Brava or Kylmanos?

And, if I do this, what advice would you have for your first time climbing in foreign lands? I'm used to the travel thing (I've had a couple of snowboarding trips abroad in recent years) but I'm sure this will require a different thought process to usual. I'd rather be prepared, if you know what I mean.

... not showing 16 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums