UKC

Leg Warmers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dangerous Dave 17 Sep 2013
I have a set of winter weight tights and a set of lycra bib shorts and I am in need of some leg warmers to go with the shorts.
There seems to be a massive range and I am not sure where to start! I don't want something too warm as if its that cold I will just wear the winter tights. Do you get some that are made of similar material to my lycra bib shorts?

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
 Enty 17 Sep 2013
In reply to Dangerous Dave:

I love my Sportful arm warmers. So much so I'm going to get some Sportful leg warmers to replace my Assos ones which roll down and make me look like Nora Batty.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful/cycle/arm-leg-warmers/

Ironic how my two most hated bits of cycling kit are made by Assos.

E
 andy 17 Sep 2013
In reply to Dangerous Dave: Castelli nano flex - similar to Enty's Sportful ones (but black are in stock at Wiggle in medium). Have one pair, just ordered another.
 ro8x 17 Sep 2013

I've got some endura windtec ones - they're fantastic.
In reply to Dangerous Dave: Anyone know what these are like? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sportful-hydrodrytex-leg-warners/rp-prod...
Cheaper than the no rain ones.
 LastBoyScout 17 Sep 2013

Got an older pair of Pearl Izumi ones, which are a fantastic fit but suffer the "Nora Batty's", due to no silicone grippers at the top. They might have fixed this by now.

I would avoid the wind/water proof ones as being too warm.
 sleavesley 17 Sep 2013
In reply to Dangerous Dave: I have the Morvelo ones nice for Spring and Autumn rides. The main reason for this is to match my Morvelo lycra.
They have a roubaix type material lining.
 Guy 17 Sep 2013
In reply to Dangerous Dave: A halfway house would be knee warmers rather than leg warmers. I like the Castelli ones.
 Strachan 17 Sep 2013
Cyclestore.co.uk have various Pearl Izumi leg and knee warmers reduced at the moment, maybe worth a look. they are my LBS, and I have just bought a few pairs.
 ElbowsB 18 Sep 2013

I can vouch for the Mavic ones coming with effective rubber grippiness at the top (and handily for me they also come in XS). Not too thick either. I also got some (more expensive) Pearl Izumi ones, but they just fall down all the time - useless.
 steveriley 18 Sep 2013
Knee warmers are a surprisingly useful bit of kit to extend your favourite shorts. Mine are Giordana. I've only ever worn my leg warmers a handful(!) of times.

Just wait for Aldi to get their next lot of stock - though I guess their next lot of cycling kit will be of the 'winter' variety.
 Kevin Forde 22 Sep 2013
In reply to Lord of Starkness:
Cycling stuff, including leg warmers, coming to Aldi next Thursday.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-26th-september/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...