UKC

unpadded bib tights - any benefit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FrankBooth 18 Sep 2013
I noticed quite a few companies are selling unpadded bibs - presumably the idea is to wear regular shorts underneath (or over if you've got pants on).
Sounds like a bit of a faff to me - anyone had experience of using this option?
 MattJP 18 Sep 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:

I havent, but I want some bib shorts in with a huge cushion in them from our sofa!!
bigdelboy 18 Sep 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:
I think a lot of people use them for triathlons etc as running in full on bib shorts with padding can be uncomfortable
 Blinder 18 Sep 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: All my full tights are non padded. I wear a pair of old shorts on top ( with holes or where the Lycra has worn out so you can see my bum crack). The benefits are two fold, the old shorts protect the seat of the tights and it means I can keep wearing my old shorts until they are really dead.
 cousin nick 18 Sep 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:
Unpadded tights also dry quicker than those with pads - can help in the winter.
I use Endura padded undershorts with my Lusso max repel tights.

N
 TobyA 18 Sep 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: My first bib tights were unpadded so I just used normal cycling shorts under them. It's not really a faff in any way I experience. I ride quite a lot in cold conditions where having three layers over my thighs is quite normal so they work well for that.
 Dark-Cloud 18 Sep 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: Yup, unpadded bibs are the way to go, the fit can be a bit weird with padded bibs, also you have the benefit of the pad not wearing out, I have an 8 year old pair of Assos 851 airblock tights, if they had a pad in them they would be for the bin by now.
OP FrankBooth 18 Sep 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:
cheers, guys. I give them a go - the Planet X ones look pretty good
 VisionSet 18 Sep 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: After a while you accumulate a collection of padded bib shorts, often crsh damaged or thinning, still super comfy and much loved. Extend there life by adding unpadded longs or knickers, also adds a bit more insulation around the goolies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...