UKC

Dorset Winter Training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pauljackson 18 Sep 2013
Hi. I am looking for a winter training partner to work a scheduled weekly plan from November through until March next year. The training would entail two evenings per week at a wall each of 3 1/2 hours duration. The plan would work on taking our climbing into the mid 7s grade range and consolidating the 6s grades.

If you are interested, are regimented enough to stick to the plan and are strong willed enough to continue for the whole period then please email message me through here. Thanks, Paul
OP pauljackson 22 Sep 2013
In reply to pauljackson: About time it had a bounce!
OP pauljackson 08 Oct 2013
In reply to pauljackson: Time for another bounce. Must be someone in Dorset who wants to train over the winter months?
OP pauljackson 12 Oct 2013
In reply to pauljackson: Last try as I start training from next week until Easter. It would be good to have a permanent partner to work with! 07938 478092. Paul.
 samparsons 21 Oct 2013
In reply to pauljackson: Hiya buddy, Im going away for the winter but im helping build a climbing gym on Portland (If you know that area, its just before you get on the island straight after the bridge.). It will be a small boulder room but i know the owner really wants to push it to a climbing team. I know he will be pushing hard, if your ever going buy pop in and say hello.
https://www.facebook.com/puravidaweymouthwatersports
 steve taylor 21 Oct 2013
In reply to samparsons:

How big is the wall? Is there any more than is shown in photo on FB?
 JIMBO 21 Oct 2013
In reply to Paul
I'm sure there are plenty of climbers who would love to train but the county lacks the quality walls to do this on. I'd happily meet up to train if there was a decent facility.
 CurlyStevo 21 Oct 2013
In reply to JIMBO:
I'm surprised somewhere the size of Bournemouth (with a uni) doesn't have a good wall, it would clearly make money IMO.
 David Staples 22 Oct 2013
In reply to pauljackson: Have you guys used the Weymouth climbing wall? It's not huge but offers at least 20 or so routes ranging up to about 6Bish. Open Thursdays from 7pm onwards at the Sea Cadet Centre at Brewers Quay.

I myself am looking for a regular climber to go every Thursday after work. Any takers?
OP pauljackson 22 Oct 2013
In reply to samparsons: Cheers Sam. Will call in next time that I am over that way. Paul
OP pauljackson 22 Oct 2013
In reply to JIMBO: Hi Jim. When this place opens - https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Project-Climbing-Centre/535467086541202 - at the end of November we can give it a try? Paul
 JIMBO 22 Oct 2013
In reply to pauljackson: might be worth a look... needs to be better than Bristol's walls since the distance is marginal for me. Would like to know more really.
 samparsons 22 Oct 2013
In reply to steve taylor: Hiya mate the wall is that big, as i say its a bouldering wall with the idea to get strong on. The wall will be reset every 6 weeks but Andy Long. If you are looking for a place to train this will be it, with it also being a cross fit gym. This place will differently be a place to keep an eye on!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...