HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Alternative to 3 peaks national challenge

drolex - on 18 Sep 2013
A French friend of mine (I already feel I have to apologize) coming to the UK next year tries to get me into doing the three peaks national challenge. For several reasons, I am actively refusing to take part in these cheesy shenanigans.

I'd like to find an alternative, but it would need to:
- sound sexy: Yorkshire three peaks would be a good alternative in my opinion, but unfortunately the peaks are almost unheard of for un-british people. Poor guys, I know. So something including Ben Nevis or Snowdon would be ideal
- include at least 2 peaks because "Ben Nevis is only a big hill really" (he's from the Alps)
- not involve pointless travels. Going there is fine but I don't want to spend a night sailing from Ben Nevis to Cuillin ridge or something silly like that
- the difficulty is secondary, but the maximum level should be something like the Yorkshire 3 peaks I reckon
- not include any joke about cheese, surrender monkeys or wine made with antifreeze. That will be the hard part.

Any suggestion?
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums