UKC

competitions and the BMC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
l applat 05 Sep 2003
Should the BMC been running competitions or should they be seeking funding for youth meets and more traditional climbin?

From another thread.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

urbanRock BRYCS 2003 FINAL

The BMC & the MCofS have been informed that the proposed venue for the final (Ratho, near Edinburgh) is not able to guarantee that they will be ready for the final – the walls themselves will probably be ready but other important facilities such as water, catering and toilets are the potential problem. These have to be up to Local Authority standards for a license to be granted to allow access to the building to the public .

In reply to graeme alderson: How much has this costs the BMC?

In reply to l applat: How should I know the event hasn't happened yet.

In reply to graeme alderson: Ever heard of a predicition or a budget? Come on I pay my money I think I can stand the pain of finding out where the cash is going.

That I'm anti the whole BRYCS thing anyway is beside the point, didn't you think that the wall might be delayed, after all it's hardly breaking news is it 'british builder runs over schedule shocker'

In reply to l applat: No never heard of budgeting or predicting things, I just make everything up as I go along.

So you spend the grant from SE on this, nice to know that it's being put to good use.

Out of interest how much of the grant is spent on brycs as opposed to getting your people out trad climbing? both in absolute terms and as a %?

by - graeme alderson on - 16:58 Thu
In reply to l applat:

Theoretically BRYCS will break even from the entry fees and sponsorship. There may be some increased costs in going to WICC, there may actually be a saving. Digs at WICC are cheaper and it is just as far to Edinburgh from here as it is to WICC. We will have to wait and see and see how much of the contigency that we have put by is needed. Damn gave the game away that we do actually use budgets.

by - graeme alderson on - 19:01 Thu
In reply to tony: Plan B is in operation, find an alternative venue. We've done that whats your problem. Ratho is close to opening and we knew that there was a possibility that it wouldn't be open which is why Rathio have made this call with nearly a month to go. If Ratho had given me 1 weeks notice then ok we have a problem. What would you be saying if 2 months ago I had been pessimistic, moved the final and then Ratho actually opened on time.

Give me a break please but keep shunting this thread to the top.

So any chance of the BMC simply saying what the contingency is and how much they are prepared to spend on the BRYCs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...