Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Trains between Scotland & London & return

mockerkin on 21 Sep 2013
This is a shortened, copied version from a letter to the editor of a north of England newspaper of 21/09/13. I can't be sure of it's accuracy but if it is true, it makes nonsense of the whole idea of improving north south rail services. If southbound trains are reduced, then northbound trains will also be reduced. I have edited a bit but the original complaint is valid. Here it is :-
"The government's recent objective is to spend 80 billion on HS2 between London and Birmingham to save 30 mins. We now hear that to achieve this, train services from Scotland, via Penrith [doesn't that also mean via Carlisle & Glasgow & Edinburgh?] will be reduced from 18 trains per day to 8 & they will go via Manchester & add 1 hour to the journey" I may phone the writer and ask where he got these plans from. (Sorry, bad grammar, should be "from where did he get these plans.)

... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums