Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC Fit Club Week 340

mbh - on 22 Sep 2013
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with (or without) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (339) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=563156

The week just gone, in summary

AJ ("Lord of Leisure") M - on a rising psyche curve, storms to a first UK 7a+ flash and a Steppenwolf tick. Will the weather hold for Dreadnought?
maria85 - ticked the Mary Towneley loop, now on to the Rab MM. Hope your wrists have stopped shaking.
Eagle River - coughed athletically and did his back in. Sympathies! A colleague of mine broke her rib through coughing - hope you don't!
Si dH - sat in the gym while it rained. Has Ruth woken up yet? 7b+/7c+ routes are twinkling in his eye.
Nick Russell - readies for a quite possibly wet Lundy, swims a staggering 10.6 km and talks knowledgeably to AJM about Avon.
mbh - finally bought some new trainers and gets one closer to a running Eddington number of 15.
IainRUK - have you seen a physio yet? Hope the outlook is good.
Ali - found a sunnier spot than Si dH for her typing, at what seems to have been Fitclub HQ for the week. Super efforts bag first 6c+ and 7a onsights.
mattrm - went bouldering on Harris - sounds like a good find - and walked to the Old Man of Hoy.
Exile - Has a busy, varied week, and is set to explore judo weights. Why is cycling better for building strength than running, do you think?
needkraken - keep at it! Hope Sankey's advice on how to keep going in solo sessions helps.
Kevster - 18 E points in a great week at Lundy.
JimmyKay - mixes it up with the running. Did you decide on a watch?
Thickhead - good miles and pace
annak - Happy Birthday! Have a virtual cake, if cake is allowed on Fit Club (I decree that it is). What time are you hoping to get in the HM?
stevemarkperry - finds positives in the session that didn't go well, and has two good sessions on top.
pork pie girl - tells it like it is in a typically punishing week. More hard work, some thoughts on BB and a training board about to be built. Did the BB plan work out?
Ally Smith - hang on, I'm confused....anyway, well done on Hades.
Sankey - well done on Sideshow. Great effort. Which route are you and AJM talking about?
Luke Owens - has fallen in love - with LPT. Good try on Face Race - so close! Hope the endurance training helps.
Garrouli - got rained off and was sentenced to 150 pull ups. Is now in Kalymnos (see?), learning Greek and with Dani Boy (8a) in his sights.
biscuit - Went straight for the 7a at Mijas and almost got the onsight. Sounds as though you gave it everything.
Leon - annoying, slippy shoe thing - temperature? humidity? grease?
useful- good outing to Penmaen Head.
... not showing 78 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums