Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Injured elbow how to train.

Jones_88 - on 23 Sep 2013
Buggered up my elbow somehow 2 weeks ago- possibly by seconding stuff well above my leading grade and then a week later it's hurting so much I can't even do 5/6 boulder problems without the pain stopping me climbing and moaning like a little girl.

I'm going away for a month on a climbing trip on the 25th of October so don't want to loose all of my strength in the mean time while I recover.

What's the best way to train for climbing only using one arm? Or even no arms and just my hands?
My other elbow is ok but might be on the verge of going the same way as the other so I'm in a bit of a pickle. Pain killers numb the pain but I'm laying off it until its fixed so I don't spoil my trip.
Carrying a basket of shopping hurts without taking the painkillers as a bit of an idea as to why I don't even want to do press ups to fully rest it.

Any tips/advice appreciated.

cheers.
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums