UKC

Peaks first trip!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dan_dangled 24 Sep 2013
Mate and I going to the peks bouldering this weekend, never been before! Ideally want climbs between 6a - 7a, where is best and where's best to camp?!

Thanks!
 balmybaldwin 24 Sep 2013
In reply to dan_dangled:

Probably around Stanage plantation is the best area (get a guide if you haven't got one), and not far from North Lees Campsite.

Another option with a lot of problems in the area would be around the Roaches, although the campsite there is somewhat more basic!

Have fun
 dr_botnik 24 Sep 2013
In reply to dan_dangled: In the Stanage area you also have easy access to Burbage areas (West, Bridge, North, South) Higgar Tor (which has some real quality), could probably access Millstone, Over Owler Tor and Secret Garden without too much hassle. i'd recommend the Peak Bouldering Guide from vertabrae publishing as ESSENTIAL. The BMC guide for burbage area is a bit shit, but still better than rockfax. BMC guide for stanage is definitive and well worth having in its own right, covers bouldering and routes, but if you only have money for one, I'd go with the Vertabrea publishing PBG.
 KingStapo 24 Sep 2013
In reply to dan_dangled:
> Mate and I going to the peks bouldering this weekend...
>
> Thanks!

For God's sake, don't you know it's referred to as the Pek?!!!! (singular)
 Chris Reid 25 Sep 2013
In reply to KingStapo:
Pex (Hill)?
Peak?

Confused now!
 Martin Wright 25 Sep 2013
In reply to KingStapo: Stop taking the pes
OP dan_dangled 25 Sep 2013
In reply to Martin Wright:

aha im sure the typo was fairly obvious and I was meant to put peaks!

Thanks a lot for the help off the less sarcastic climbers
 Jon Stewart 25 Sep 2013
In reply to dr_botnik:
> The BMC guide for burbage area is a bit shit, but still better than rockfax. BMC guide for stanage is definitive and well worth having in its own right

Wondered why you thought the Burbage guide was crap but the Stanage good. They're both very much the same style. No vested interest btw.
 Jonny2vests 25 Sep 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Yeah. Burbage, Millstone Infinity and Beyond is a great guide.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...