UKC

Helmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John O'Donnell 28 Sep 2013
I'm going to buy a climbing helmet in the next few weeks but don't know what to go for? what do people recommend?
 Calder 28 Sep 2013
In reply to JohnO'D:

For what? General rock climbing... Winter stuff... Alpinism...?

I do mostly the former with a bit of the second. I had a Petzl Meteor III which worked great when it was finally called upon to work, but I replaced it with an Edelrid one (can't remember the model name) which is very similar but fit my head better. Needless to say you'll get a variety of answers on here.

But basically - like most stuff - think about what you want it for, decide on your budget, then go to a shop and talk to the staff and try some on.
 ripper 28 Sep 2013
In reply to JohnO'D: try on as many as you can, get the one that fits best, simple.
 alasdair19 29 Sep 2013
In reply to ripper: or get the luminous orange one and then wander how to get a matching chalk bag.
 blurty 29 Sep 2013
In reply to JohnO'D:

Get one that has plenty of room for stickers
 frano81 29 Sep 2013
In reply to JohnO'D: i thought stickers werent recomended? if you read the instructions....... or is it just ass covering on their part?
 The Norris 29 Sep 2013
In reply to JohnO'D:

I used to have a black diamond half dome, it was pretty basic, and got a bit sweaty as it didnt have any vents, however it did save my life when i fell off and smacked the back of my head on a rock, so i am happy to recommend them.

I now have a CAMP armour, its also quite cheap, and has a few vents and more comfortable padding than the old black diamond did, seems quite good up to now, but it hasnt had much action yet thankfully.
 Fraser 29 Sep 2013
In reply to JohnO'D:

I have a Petzl Meteor III for trad. It's nice and light, well vented, and comfy. It also has removable foam inner pads for washing if you're of a sweaty persuasion.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...