UKC

Training and recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 29 Sep 2013
So here I am sat on the couch and it's a beautiful if breezy day outside. My excuse is that I'm knackered after yesterday's ride - or is this in fact constructive recovery which will be better for me than flogging knackered legs? Yesterday 100km / 800m, average 82% of max HR (I work off 186 max, I'm 55). At the moment I train once a week at similar intensity - I may slot in an hour's turbo mid week. So is it a case that Less is More? Or should I revert to Rule 5?
 tim000 29 Sep 2013
In reply to kevin stephens: same here . hard ride yesterday . chill out today. at least there some cycling to watch on the telly.
 Enty 29 Sep 2013
In reply to kevin stephens:

Weird innit? I have weeks where I can do 20 hours - back to back 4 and 5 hour hard rides. Then I have weeks where I'm knackered the next day after 100km.

We're not getting any younger Kevin

E
Removed User 29 Sep 2013

My understanding (which is somewhat limited) is that the recovery phase is as important as it is this that makes you stronger.
 Brass Nipples 29 Sep 2013

Riding when you don't want to is a recipe for losing your mojo. You improve during the recovery period. No recovery period no recovery.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...