UKC

Calculating miles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
luke-t 02 Oct 2013
Hi, im training to join the marines and basically need to calculate how quick I can run a mile. whats the best route finder online to plan a route? I could reset the clock on my car and plan a 3 mile run this way but i dont really want to be sticking to main roads. thanks
 The New NickB 02 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t:

If you have a smart phone use an app such as MapMyRun. The actual test is on a treadmill, so practice that as well, but just run regularly and a mix of distances.
 The Potato 02 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t: I use good run guide, you can either map on road or footpaths, and tell it to 'follow roads' or not.
 Run_Ross_Run 02 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t:
Google earth. Simple.
In reply to luke-t:

Runkeeper on your phone it'll track your run with GPS and report your pace.
 Rubbishy 02 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t:

Map my Run is best.

I think there is an I Phone app that you can download which works on GPS.

Be careful in your conversions, a Cabbagehead mile is only three twelfty of a Para mile.....
 NMN 02 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t:

gmap-pedometer
In reply to luke-t: Try the Map My Route function on UKHillwalking http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/adddiary.html
 MikeSP 04 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t: OS Map + piece of string/paper. Will improve your nav skill as well.
aultguish 04 Oct 2013
In reply to dapoy:
Fully agreed

and fully agreed with John Rushby :-D
 Stone Idle 04 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t: Your local athletics track probably has a reasonably accurately measured mile or three?
 JayPee630 04 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t:

Best way is to find a local 400m track.
luke-t 11 Oct 2013
In reply to luke-t: Thanks everyone, I have been using map my run.I am finding it ok. Just got to get out of bed early enough to run before work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...