/ Rodellar conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rachel Slater - on 03 Oct 2013
Hello,

Does anyone know how cold/warm Rodellar will likely to be in late October/early November? Thanks in advance.

Rachel
AJM - on 03 Oct 2013
In reply to Rachel Slater:

My guess is that's hovering round the end of the usual climbing season.
highclimber - on 03 Oct 2013
In reply to Rachel Slater: I think most of the people who spend time there end up going south around now at it starts to get cold and wet.
Morgan Woods - on 03 Oct 2013

I was there from the 15 to the 24th of October in 2009. Some nice sunny days but when it rained the tufas dripped, but there is generally always something you can do.
Rachel Slater - on 03 Oct 2013
In reply to Rachel Slater: Cheers for the info. Any route recommendations in the low to mid 7s? Thanks.
Alun - on 03 Oct 2013
> Cheers for the info. Any route recommendations in the low to mid 7s?

You could fill an entire page with low-mid 7s recommendations in Rodellar; the majority of the sectors have several mind-blowing routes in that grade-band. Enjoy!

PS Re. weather. Chances are it'll be sunny when you visit, in which case you'll be fine. If it's raining, though (and it is more likely to rain there, than further south/south-east), you're a bit stuffed: although there are a couple of permadry sectors, most start seeping within a few hours of rain. The Camping del Puente bar has a lovely fire though :)
Steve Crowe - on 04 Oct 2013

You can see the popular routes here:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=2913

El camino is a very popular sector with lots of 6's and low 7's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.