UKC

Shell jacket - Question for Andy Kirkpatrick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
John Thompson 07 Sep 2003
Andy, there is a picture of you looking super wrapped up in an orange shell jacket in a recent High magazine (contained in an article about footwear).

Do you mind me asking what make of jacket it is please?

I'm looking for a decent jacket for an upcoming trip. And something a gear editor would wear must surely fit the bill!

Thanks.
Andy Kirkpatrick 07 Sep 2003
In reply to John Thompson:
Thanks for asking john, it is a George of Asdas original. I first saw it when I was on a public speaking tour with John Barnes and he lent one to me when we were in Lyme Regis and were caught out by a shower, that fine rain that soaks you to the skin, but it was cracking!
OP John Thompson 07 Sep 2003
In reply to andy kirkpatrick:

Thanks for the reply. Reading the column in High, I've no doubt Andy Kirkpatrick uses a cheap cagoule from Asdas and if it is you I much appreciate the reply.

The cynic in me though spots a different e-mail address to every mail the Andy Kirkpatrick I intended this mail for has posted so you'll forgive me if I think someone's having me on...

Cheers!
OP John Thompson 07 Sep 2003
Sorry, pressed enter too soon.

If I'm being over cynical, my apologies for any offence. None is intended.
Ian Parnell 08 Sep 2003
In reply to John Thompson: Spelling's too good too!
The 'Real' Andy Kirkpa 10 Sep 2003
Hi
It's either my Patagonia DAS parka (a kind of synthetic duvet), or a proto Gore jacket without any sewn seams (all glued).
There are so many good shells out there these days you'd be hard pressed to pick a bad one!

Cheers

Andy
Nick Alcock 10 Sep 2003
In reply to The 'Real' Andy Kirkpa:

Are you sure? Looked more like a Millets jibby jobby to me?
Nick
 L.A. 10 Sep 2003
In reply to The 'Real' Andy Kirkpa: Dont believe thats the `Real`Andy. The email address is correct but worryingly, so is the spelling!
OP John Thompson 10 Sep 2003
In reply to: the real Andy Kirpatrick -

Andy, thanks - it was this one here so it must be the prototype.

http://www.planetfear.com/climbing/highmountainmag/equipmentnotes/may2003/m... so it was the prototype.

Thanks for the reply.
Nick Alcock 10 Sep 2003
In reply to John Thompson:

Good link. Thanks.
Nick
OP John Thompson 11 Sep 2003
In reply to Nick Alcock:

Dry yer eyes and read another post if yr not interested.
OP John Thompson 11 Sep 2003
In reply to Nick Alcock -

Nick, sorry that's my juvenile mate arsing about. Apologies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...