Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Sales roles in the Outdoor sector

Wookster - on 07 Oct 2013
After a VERY long and successful career in sales, when I have dealt with a range of industries and individuals. I thought I would try and use my passion for the outdoors for a role within the industry.
So, I noticed Terra Nova were looking for a territory sales manager and sent my CV the Recruitment Company they use.

The response I got was " Unfortunately Terra Nova are looking for someone who has substantial experience of selling to retailers so I would not be able to take your application any further."

So what happened to enthusiasm for what you are selling, experience full stop. Sales is sales. I have sold to and won substantial business from major Plc's as well as small business owners.
Who better to help retailers to sell something, than someone who actually has a good idea what customers want.
I have a huge issue with recruitment companies full stop - they pick an choose who's CV ticks the boxes and get paid too much for it.
How do you get a career in the sector !!
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums