UKC

Langdale - so what's new ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 08 Oct 2013
Not bought the new guide yet but - style and presentation aside - what new goodies have I got to look forward to ?
 John Kelly 08 Oct 2013
In reply to GrahamD:

The pictures are pretty awesome
no more getting lost
OP GrahamD 08 Oct 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

Having now got used to the old guide, I'm more interested in finding new and interesting venues !
 John Kelly 08 Oct 2013
In reply to GrahamD:

I think the photos will allow you to find those venues
(i had always vaguely wondered were merlin slab was, not any longer)
it should make the esoteric spots more accessible
 Rog Wilko 09 Oct 2013
In reply to GrahamD: I think we should congratulate F&R and specifically Max and Scott for a superb production. The photodiagrams are great, and there'll be no excuse for saying "I'll not make the effort to go to such-and-such a crag because the descriptions all sound a bit vague - might be waste of time".
I'm pleased that F&R have held their nerve over the star rating system (whose criteria are clearly laid out in the intro). Many have claimed an excess of stars, but if you want more than a handful of routes to be regularly climbed there need to be lots of stars.
Personally, browsing through it, I have found a good number of new routes, some on crags new to me, which I shall be looking forward to doing next year. And, considering that I'm not expecting to be climbing anything harder than HVS, that is quite an achievement.
Thanks again to Max and the team.
OP GrahamD 09 Oct 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I'll almost certainly get the new guide before heading to the Lakes in a couple of weeks so its good to know that there really are a bunch of new routes to go for.
 Ann S 09 Oct 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Which crags/climbs have you got your eye on Rog? Hoping to get the guide later this week.
 Rog Wilko 10 Oct 2013
In reply to Ann S:
Hi Ann,
Well, there's a good few at low levels in the Raven Crag area for a start. I'm just wondering if this bit of north wind weather will be warm enough in the sun and out of the wind to look at some of them. Probably need to be a bit more constant sun than today though.
Did you get to do Armorican?
Rog
 Ann S 10 Oct 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko:

No Armorican regretably. We decided to stick with Pembroke south and save the North for another trip. Superb weather every day.

Got out with a mate today into a nicely sheltered Tilberthwaite quarry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...