UKC

leaving

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anonymous 11 Oct 2013
Have you ever thought of selling your worldly belongings and just f*cking off to live in a tebt? A bit like the film Into The Wild idea I know but who has ever thought it ans what was your plan?
Lusk 11 Oct 2013
In reply to Anonymous:

Sometimes.

Come mid my 60s, I might sell up and cruise around in a camper van for the rest of my days. If, she agrees and we've got enough cash!!!
 Nathan Adam 11 Oct 2013
In reply to Anonymous: Met a guy while i was hitching to Glen Brittle earlier this year who comes up and tours Scotland from Wales in his camper, ex coal miner (now retired). He grows himself a bag of weed, leaves the wife at home and if he can gets a mate to come along, takes his fishing gear, his Pink Floyd collection and his pension money and drives around until his grass runs out then goes home, grows another bag then hits the road again.

Although i don't smoke at all, i think his ideal is pretty sweet, just add some climbing in and it'd suit me fine.

Although, it seems nice to cut loose and have absolutely nothing, nothing to care or worry about, i'm sure if it went tits up you'd be happy having somewhere to go eat and sleep.
 thomaspomfrett 11 Oct 2013
In reply to Anonymous: I think it a lot but the nearest I've come is having four months off work this year. I spent five weeks camping in France and the rest of the time in the Lakes, Peaks, Wales and Scotland with short trips to Cornwall and Yorkshire.

It was one of the best things I've ever done but would be hard long term. I lived off savings and without that you would be a lot more limited (not to say that it can't be done). I also have the usual concerns that plague most people have about security and buying a house etc etc.
 mrdigitaljedi 12 Oct 2013
In reply to Anonymous: In america it's called dirtbagging

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...