UKC

Job in Paisley - where to live?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Moles 12 Oct 2013
We're considering whether to look in Paisley itself (cheaper), or somewhere easily commutable on that side of Glasgow for the benefits of being closer to the city centre.

I don't really know the area at all, so any advice or recommendations from anyone who lives or has lived in the area would be good to know.
In reply to Andy Moles:

Paisley's close to Glasgow but visually it's a hole and got nothing going for it.

Try further down the river. Gourock has amazing views to the Argyll hills. Try and find a place on the waterfront. Great fresh air. Brilliant watersports. Cheap accommodation widely available. The commute to Glasgow's 45 min on the train and they run every 20min.
OP Andy Moles 12 Oct 2013
In reply to becauseitsthere:

Should have said, this is only for a year. Can probably live without views from the window as I spend most of my free time involved in them anyway.
 Wee Davie 12 Oct 2013
In reply to Andy Moles:

You have to weigh up what your priorities are- if you really want a trendy area you're talking West End, Shawlands, City Centre Glasgow. You'll pay a significant premium to do that though.

Paisley isn't the most appealing place but it's definitely got its better bits. There are tons of reasonably priced flats to rent in the South Side of Paisley or the modern developments in the West End. The town centre itself isn't worth drinking in if you value your life, but it's a 10min train journey to Glasgow...

I'm not a fan of Greenock, the Port or Gourock so I personally would not choose to live down there. Just like Paisley, same social problems but further away from Glasgow...

dr evil 12 Oct 2013
In reply to Andy Moles: paisley does have possibly the best named barber shop in the world.....Aff Yer Heid
Mediocre Scientist 12 Oct 2013
In reply to Andy Moles:

Anywhere along and around Paisley Road West probably has a combination of convenient commute to Paisley, quick into Glasgow and cheaper than some areas.

The other side of Paisley - Johnstone, Howwood - might have reasonable transport links and a bit of countryside nearby.
andymac 13 Oct 2013
In reply to Andy Moles:

Kilmalcolm ,or even Bridge of Weir are not far away .

Mr McCoist and the likes stay around there
Graeme G 13 Oct 2013
In reply to Andy Moles:

I've lived in Ibrox next to the climbing centre. Rough as hell but incredibly cheap and accessible.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...