UKC

Views from Glen Coe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NottsRich 12 Oct 2013
On a fantastic day walking around the Three Sisters of Glen Coe, I saw a great looking ridge to the west/north west. It looked like the Skye Cuillin. Can you see that from Glen Coe on a clear day? If not, I want to find what it was because it looked great. It did look remarkably like the Cuillin though...
 Helen R 12 Oct 2013
In reply to NottsRich:

This website says yes you can: http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/panoramas.html

DaveHK 12 Oct 2013
In reply to NottsRich:

You might see it but not in any great detail. Rum is another possibility.
 girlymonkey 12 Oct 2013
In reply to NottsRich: yep, I was up there today too. It was stunning! you could see Skye, rum and eigg too. Well, it probably depends on the mountains you were on! I saw them from Bidean and SCNL.
 andrew ogilvie 12 Oct 2013
In reply to girlymonkey: You can easily see Skye from Bidean on a day like today. I was on Bidean a fortnight ago on a similar day and you could see Skye Rum Mull and Jura easily... I was up the road, today, on Creise and you could just see the serated edge of the Cuillin from the summit there too.

On the very clearest of days I think I've seen the hills of the Uists from Bidean too.

OP NottsRich 12 Oct 2013
In reply to everyone: Thanks all, that settles it! It looked very much like the Skye Cuillin but I wasn't sure I'd be able to see that far. Turns out I could. Thanks for confirming that!
ccmm 12 Oct 2013
In reply to NottsRich: As others say it's probably the Cuillin. Closer on a similar bearing it might have been Garbh Bheinn over in Ardgour.
 Joak 12 Oct 2013
In reply to NottsRich: I enjoyed a superb day traversing all the tops on Bidean today (omitted the top of Aonach Dubh). Yep the Cuillin of Skye clearly visible to the naked eye. Crackin day eh!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...