UKC

Is the Kvaløya guidebook in UK?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 13 Oct 2013
I'm rying to get hold of a copy of the guidebook "Kvaløya - selected climbs", but can't find anywhere in britain that sells it. I found a couple of norwegian shops that will export, but in my experience mail to/from scandinavia takes ages and I'm liable to get burned on postage.

Are there any shops in the UK that have it, or am I going to have to import?
 vscott 13 Oct 2013
In reply to davidbeynon:
Hi David,
Never seen a copy in the UK - pm me if you'd be interested in borrowing mine to have a look.

cheers

TobyA 13 Oct 2013
In reply to davidbeynon: I believe it is out of print so may well be hard to get hold of except from shops that have it in stock still. I used to see it in some of the Helsinki shops but haven't for sometime I don't think, which probably means they've sold out. I don't know why post from Scandinavia should take "ages", I normally get stuff in Helsinki in three to four days from the UK, and the same going the other direction. Norway being outside of the EU might push up prices on delivery and the book is unfortunately already very expensive!
OP d_b 13 Oct 2013
In reply to TobyA:

My experience of scandinavian post comes from sending some stuff to a mate in finland - it took about 2 weeks. If it's out of print I may just g for it.
OP d_b 13 Oct 2013
In reply to vscott:

Thanks for the offer, but I had beter not. State of chaos here at the moment and it would probably take ages for me to get around to returning it.
TOS 13 Oct 2013
In reply to davidbeynon:

Some of the shops in Tromsø still sell it, if I recall it's around the £35 mark.

Although when I looked for it, it was the bookshops selling it, not the clmbing shop.

Not sure that helps you much

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...