Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Belay jacket

CMcBain - on 13 Oct 2013
Was hoping to get a new belay jacket for this winter but i'm a little confused by all the options. For the past few years I used a rab photon but didn't find it warm enough if belaying for any length of time.

From doing a bit of research it seems like primaloft one is the filling of choice (I think my photon was sport or eco or something). However I noticed most down jackets are now coming out with 'hydrophobic' down and I wondered if anyone could comment on the reliability of this new down in relation to trusty old primaloft?

I'm fairly slim, so i've ruled out the DAS parka because it wont fit and I cant afford the brand new version with an improved fit. The ME citadel and fitzroy both look good although the citadel seems like overkill and the fitzroy seems fairly similar to my old photon which was too cold.

Anyone got any advice/suggestions that i've missed?

Cheers
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums