/ Elite climbing training programme

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
herman0055 - on 13 Oct 2013
Does anybody know where I can get a climbing programme for an elite climber pse. I know there must be a lot of elite climbers on this sight and could do with a template to work of, it's for a climber friend of mine.

Thanks
AlanLittle - on 13 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055:

Here's one written by the Austrian national team coach - can't get much more elite than that in competition climbing.

http://www.kletterzentrum-tivoli.at/?menu=38&getPage=div/profi.html

(Google translate is your friend)
ashley1_scott - on 13 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055:
Just a couple of things:
1)Why you looking for an elite climbing program, when the hardest you have in your log book is an E1 5c and a 6b+.
2)If you have to ask on an online forum for an elite training program, then the chances that you are already using a program is slim and if you are then surely you could modify that to suit.
Bulls Crack - on 13 Oct 2013
In reply to ashley1_scott:
He said it was 'for a friend'
Lew13 - on 13 Oct 2013

Read the OP's post?
DubyaJamesDubya - on 14 Oct 2013
> (In reply to herman0055)
> Just a couple of things:
> 1)Why you looking for an elite climbing program, when the hardest you have in your log book is an E1 5c and a 6b+.
> 2)If you have to ask on an online forum for an elite training program, then the chances that you are already using a program is slim and if you are then surely you could modify that to suit.

Checking the OP's profile before reaching the end of the post?
1poundSOCKS - on 14 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055: Can anybody recommend a good winter training programme for punters, some kind of general periodised training (no specific goals, I do trad/sport/boulder), with strength/power endurance/stamina components? Not for a friend, for me, so my profile is valid. :)
Fraser on 14 Oct 2013
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Read 'The Self Coached Climber'. All will be revealed.
In reply to Fraser: Thanks, I have it, I'll have another look tonight. I can't remember seeing any specific planning details, I seem to recall it had more about the theory behind the training.
In reply to Fraser: Plus, I'm at work, and it'd be nice to find something online, so I can get paid for planning my winter training. :)
Fraser on 14 Oct 2013
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Fair dos! I seem to remember there being a series of suggested training schedules for different abilities towards the end of the book. I've been meaning to dig out my own copy for a while now so will do so tonight if I can remember.
mh554 on 14 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055:
I use the ones in the rear of Sir Ran Feinnes 'Fit For Life' which centre around core strength and stamina. Which works well for me...
ashley1_scott - on 14 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055:
I hold my hands up to the fact that I didn't read the bit about it being for a friend
Offwidth - on 14 Oct 2013

Less than 50 words and you can't stay focussed for the ending. Best avoid books like War and Peace methinks ?;-)

PS I've 'been there' too :-(
ads.ukclimbing.com
herman0055 - on 17 Oct 2013
In reply to AlanLittle: thanks most helpful, unlike some.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.