UKC

Elite climbing training programme

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 herman0055 13 Oct 2013
Does anybody know where I can get a climbing programme for an elite climber pse. I know there must be a lot of elite climbers on this sight and could do with a template to work of, it's for a climber friend of mine.

Thanks
 AlanLittle 13 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055:

Here's one written by the Austrian national team coach - can't get much more elite than that in competition climbing.

http://www.kletterzentrum-tivoli.at/?menu=38&getPage=div/profi.html

(Google translate is your friend)
 ashley1_scott 13 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055:
Just a couple of things:
1)Why you looking for an elite climbing program, when the hardest you have in your log book is an E1 5c and a 6b+.
2)If you have to ask on an online forum for an elite training program, then the chances that you are already using a program is slim and if you are then surely you could modify that to suit.
 Bulls Crack 13 Oct 2013
In reply to ashley1_scott:
He said it was 'for a friend'
 Lew13 13 Oct 2013

Read the OP's post?
> (In reply to herman0055)
> Just a couple of things:
> 1)Why you looking for an elite climbing program, when the hardest you have in your log book is an E1 5c and a 6b+.
> 2)If you have to ask on an online forum for an elite training program, then the chances that you are already using a program is slim and if you are then surely you could modify that to suit.

Checking the OP's profile before reaching the end of the post?
 1poundSOCKS 14 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055: Can anybody recommend a good winter training programme for punters, some kind of general periodised training (no specific goals, I do trad/sport/boulder), with strength/power endurance/stamina components? Not for a friend, for me, so my profile is valid.
 Fraser 14 Oct 2013
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Read 'The Self Coached Climber'. All will be revealed.
 1poundSOCKS 14 Oct 2013
In reply to Fraser: Thanks, I have it, I'll have another look tonight. I can't remember seeing any specific planning details, I seem to recall it had more about the theory behind the training.
 1poundSOCKS 14 Oct 2013
In reply to Fraser: Plus, I'm at work, and it'd be nice to find something online, so I can get paid for planning my winter training.
 Fraser 14 Oct 2013
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Fair dos! I seem to remember there being a series of suggested training schedules for different abilities towards the end of the book. I've been meaning to dig out my own copy for a while now so will do so tonight if I can remember.
In reply to herman0055:
I use the ones in the rear of Sir Ran Feinnes 'Fit For Life' which centre around core strength and stamina. Which works well for me...
 ashley1_scott 14 Oct 2013
In reply to herman0055:
I hold my hands up to the fact that I didn't read the bit about it being for a friend
 Offwidth 14 Oct 2013

Less than 50 words and you can't stay focussed for the ending. Best avoid books like War and Peace methinks ?

PS I've 'been there' too
OP herman0055 17 Oct 2013
In reply to AlanLittle: thanks most helpful, unlike some.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...