/ Lidl Thinsulate jackets 17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dek - on 15 Oct 2013
A wee heads up for winter. Spotted this advertised in a National daily Rag. Not 'too' unlike a Patagonia micropuff, featherweight, a bit longer in the body, zip looks poor, but would slip under a soft or hardshell as a warm booster, fit is very neat and fewer hoodys than jackets in stock....
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=6491
In reply to dek: Just bought one for my son for rolling down the snow ploughed piles in through the winter. Seems ok and they are cheap - 17 here for the kids ones - but they are very thin and they don't have the loft that even the thin synth pullovers and jackets from well known brands have.
dek - on 15 Oct 2013
In reply to TobyA:
Aye, was just saying the other day, it's probably never been easier, or cheaper to get kitted out in warm clothing for winter days outdoors...if you do a bit of careful shopping around.
andyathome - on 15 Oct 2013
In reply to dek:
Are they 'thinsulate'?
dek - on 15 Oct 2013
In reply to andyathome:
> (In reply to dek)
> Are they 'thinsulate'?

The trademark is on the label...
martinph78 on 15 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: I am by no means criticising these in anyway, I am genuinely interested to know where they get this from:

"insulates as low as -10C for 2 hours of activity"

Seems like an odd claim, but one that would (with further investigation) help with a current research project.
Timmd on 16 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: I didn't know you were Scottish?
M0nkey - on 16 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: I tried one on. It looked quite good for the money. The cut was a bit strange though - quite short in the arms I found. I even went up a size to see if the arms would be longer, and found the arms in the XL were as short if not shorter than the L!
ads.ukclimbing.com
victorclimber - on 16 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: just been and bought one have to be a good buy even if you just keep it in the rucksac for emergencies ..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.