UKC

Costa Blanca TRAD recommendations ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sarahjk 16 Oct 2013
Off to Finestrat, Costa Blanca next weekend for some bolt clipping, ridges and hopefully some trad. We managed to find a few trad routes last time, but would love to get any recommendations of trad routes/crags that people have enjoyed. Nothing desperate, up to HVS, but preferably around the S level, single or multi pitch...

Thanks in advance

Sarah
 Mick Ward 16 Oct 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:

I'd give Rich Mayfield at The Orange House a shout. He knows the place as well as anyone.

Hope you have a good trip.

Mick
 Jonny2vests 16 Oct 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:

There's mixed stuff on the Penon, and the Puig Campana has big easy trad.
 crustypunkuk 16 Oct 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: If you're staying in Finestrat, you have Puig Campana on your doorstep. Espolon Central is a stunning multipitch route up the main face that I can't recommend highly enough. I was out there in April and soloed the route, and it's definitely up there with the finest routes i've ever climbed. The descent off the summit down through the scree is torture though.
 stouffer 16 Oct 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: +1 for Espolon Central on the Puig, incredible. A long tiring day though, leave plenty of time and read up on it. The descent really isn't that bad once you realise there is a path off to the side of the scree...

It's bolted but Sonjannika is a fun multi pitch http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=118301
 The Ivanator 17 Oct 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: Espolon Central on the Puig is the obvious target, there are some decent trad lines in the echo valley too. Whilst we were there last January we did Espolon Encantada which was fun at about HVS (gets Sport grade 5 on UKC but isn't bolted). There are various crags along Echo Valley and I think El Castellet has lots of the best easy Trad.
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1691
 Sam Mayfield 22 Oct 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:

Hi Sarah

remind me to tell you about the new TRAD routes at Sella, nice multipitch that are virgin so you confirm grades for us. Not hard I promise..

:0)

Sam Orange House
In reply to sarahkeast: Espolon central is a total must-do! We did some nice multipitch in Echo valley as well, its an ace area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...