Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Which Down jacket? Actually can you just dress me, thanks.

r0x0r.wolfo - on 16 Oct 2013
Hey guys, been looking round for my first down jacket. Live in manchester and looking for a warm snazzy jacket for thowing on between boulder problems. Also has to be decent looking for mooching round the christmas markets, pub etc etc.

Was in the shop, still not made my mind up, looking at a montane north star, nice hood, good fit. Was told no no no, its all natural down, I need hydrophobic down for a british climate, which I guess makes sense. What do you guys make of this?

Anyway, I don't actually own any technical climbing clothing so maybe I need to go from base up? Quite like the ME eclipse as a 2nd layer and it has ninja points so maybe deffo getting one of those. Only own a decent marmot hardshell, nothing fancy but quite an active close fit.

Of course the mate who was with me thinks its all too expensive and a waste of money! Any thoughts?

How should I go about being warm in winter whether I am climbing or belaying or between problems the odd time I boulder?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the rambling!
... not showing 25 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums