UKC

aldi cycle clothing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 17 Oct 2013
How do you rate it?

I'd only be using it for a commute to work but year round.

Cheers,

AT
 thedatastream 17 Oct 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: So far so good. Stitching quality not amazing but winter softshell top is as advertised - rain and wind resistant. Ask me again after a winter of bike commuting
 lummox 17 Oct 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I wear the hi viz windshirt for commuting and it's fine- not the most breathable but ok. The winter gloves aren't bad at all. Used them for the last couple of winters in all sorts of conditions.
OP AdCo82 17 Oct 2013
Thanks....

Anyone got any experience of the winter trousers and also the shoe covers?
 TomBaker 17 Oct 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
Not as good as the stuff you pay £60+ for.

But not as bad as the price would suggest.
 Choss 17 Oct 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Not Aldi cycle stuff, but 4 years ago i got a pair of walking Trousers From lidl. They are the thinnest, Lightest walking Trousers ive ever owned. Warm in Winter, cool in summer, water repellant, and amazingly quick Drying. Made with nano technology whatever that is? became my favourites and still going strong.

Aldi and Lidl do some surprisingly good quality Kit sometimes.
 smuffy 17 Oct 2013
In reply to lummox: Winter gloves great for the price.
 LastBoyScout 17 Oct 2013
In reply to thedatastream:
> (In reply to An Triubhas) So far so good. Stitching quality not amazing but winter softshell top is as advertised - rain and wind resistant. Ask me again after a winter of bike commuting

If I'm being critical, I'd like a little bit more room in the softshell forearms, or a line of stitching moved, but the cuffs are fine.

Nearly discovered how waterproof is is on Monday, but made it home before the deluge.
In reply to An Triubhas:

I've been using the shoe covers (nylon ones as opposed to neoprane) off road MTB. I find they do what I wanted them to, keep my shoes (mostly) dry and clean, easier to wash and dry covers than trainers!! Socks will be wet with sweat.

Good value

Stuart
In reply to An Triubhas:

I've been using an Aldi soft shell cycling jacket and trousers for daily winter cycle commuting since 2005. That's pretty good value for £10 and £8 respectively. They're still in good condition.

I can't comment on anything more recent...

Except waterproof overshoes, which got the thumbs up from a DofE assessor at the weekend; he was cycling around the New Forest to meet groups. He'd put a hole in the sole, but said that happens with all such overshoes, and that these were more robust than others he'd paid a lot more for.
 andy_e 17 Oct 2013
In reply to smuffy:

The gloves are really underrated, especially at £5 a pair! The previous version became my Scottish winter lead glove. Combined with mitts for the belays, they worked well.
 tjin 18 Oct 2013
Not sure about the current situation, but the size of Aldi cylcing clothing does not match with other brands. With other brands my medium size cycling clothing fits snug. With the aldi and Lidl ones its baggy.

I eventually replaced everything with higher end stuff
 Baron Weasel 18 Oct 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
> Thanks....
>
> Anyone got any experience of the winter trousers and also the shoe covers?

Winter tights are excellent, I have a couple of pairs from last year and year before. The winter waterproof trousers had a weird cut so did not buy them last year, don't know what they are like this year. Winter gloves are good for a fiver too!
 CarolineMc 18 Oct 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I got some winter leggins last autumn and they're brilliant. Got some gloves last week and they got a good day out on Sunday... brilliant. So many people rave about the soft shell it has to be worth a look tho I wear one from the sale rail at decathlon. £15 well spent!
Co:

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...