/ Zeppelin - El Chorro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Michael Porter - on 17 Oct 2013
Hi,

Does the route require any trad rack? Was also thinking of only taking a 70m single, would this be ok for both the route and abseil approach from the camino? As in could you do 35m abs to get to base of the gorge from the walkway.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Michael
silo - on 17 Oct 2013
In reply to Michael Porter: 70 m is perfect. Follow the tunnel descend a path to the right on the next tunnel.an abseil isn't necessary!(just a down climb) Just make sure there are no police about!
Kevster - on 17 Oct 2013
In reply to Michael Porter:

There is a pitch where it is a itte run out, but it isn't overly hard. If a smattering of nuts gives you the confidence to give it a go...Go climb it!
I did it with a single rope. As Silo states, there is no scary ab decent if you go through the tunnels etc.
silo - on 17 Oct 2013
In reply to Michael Porter: Take a few wires and some small friends especially if you climb the obvious corner.
biscuit - on 17 Oct 2013
The ab from the camimo adds time and you can't always get across the water. They couldn't put go through the tunnels in the guide as it's illegal.

Michael Porter - on 17 Oct 2013
In reply to Michael Porter: Thanks all
Shaw Brown - on 06 Nov 2013

I went in from the other side but had to paddle across the river, only knee deep though. We just took a 70m rope and draws, seemed OK without wires even for me who was climbing at his limit! Returned through the tunnel just to make it a round trip :-)

If you belay above the overhang be careful that you don't let your rope touch down on the slab below or it will get stuck in a bush...speaking from experience.

Best multi pitch I have done in Spain.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.