UKC

Ed Psych (or similar) shadowing (Merseyside/Derbyshire)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elephant0907 18 Oct 2013
I've posted everywhere else on the www, so I might as well make a UKC post!

I'm currently on an Early Years PGCE (covering ages 3-7), my aim is to become an Educational Psychologist and teaching is all geared towards this.

In December, we have the opportunity for an enhanced placement. The uni has organised a trip to Swedish nurseries, which is optional, but also pretty expensive and I can't afford it. What I'd really like to do is shadow an Educational Psychologist for the duration and gain a solid understanding of the activities and tasks undertaken in this role. However, it's REALLY difficult to find a placement like this, mainly due to confidentiality issues. I've spoken to local educational/clinical psychologist etc and not really got anywhere. There is the option of going to an SEN school, but I have worked as a TA in various SEN schools and I don't think a three week placement would greatly enhance my experience in this area.

The placement is for three weeks from December 2nd and I'm based in Liverpool, but Derbyshire (as in Sheffield/Hope Valley area) is also an option. Does anyone have any ideas/contacts that may help?

Thanks,

Ellie
 trouserburp 18 Oct 2013
In reply to elephant0907:

Don't know if it's what you're after but in the mental health/LD sector you might find occupational therapists more welcoming than psychologists. Having an extra pair of hands is more useful to an activity group than a psychological therapy session
OP elephant0907 18 Oct 2013
In reply to trouserburp:

That's a good idea that I hadn't really thought about. Thanks!
OP elephant0907 22 Oct 2013
In reply to elephant0907:

Does anybody else have any other ideas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...