UKC

c4 toilet documentary last night

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 colina 18 Oct 2013
I tuned in briefly (scuse the pun)to watch the latest fly on the wall documentary entitled "up all night" ,which for those of you fortunate enuff to be watching another channel was an on the edge fact finding documentary about wot goes on in the toilets in a tatty nightclub down south.
now im no prude and like a bit of spice like everyone else ,but wot the hell is this country coming too when the best the british tv can offer is some hidden camera footage of wot happens in the bloody gents..
who the f**k cares..i gave it 5 minutes and turned it off ...
tv has plunged to new depths yet again
rant over.
 ByEek 18 Oct 2013
In reply to colina: Whilst on the other side (BBC4) there was a pretty interesting programme looking at how air disasters had made the airline industry safer. I was particularly enlighten as to the psychological reasons as to why former military test pilot aces generally make very bad airline captains.
 Bob Hughes 18 Oct 2013
In reply to ByEek: yes, the psychology part of crash prevention is fascinating. I forget which airline it was - possibly Korean or Sri Lankan - which improved their safety record by enforcing first names to be used between the pilot and the co-pilot. The logic was that the traditional deference and respect afforded to the pilot was preventing co-pilots from pointing out errors.
 Sam_in_Leeds 18 Oct 2013
In reply to colina:

Yeh, I watched all of 10 minutes of it before I realised I'd been to nightclubs and I've seen it all before. Yawn.

Same with that Educating Yorkshire on before it.

ThunderCat 18 Oct 2013
In reply to Bob Hughes:
> (In reply to ByEek) yes, the psychology part of crash prevention is fascinating. I forget which airline it was - possibly Korean or Sri Lankan - which improved their safety record by enforcing first names to be used between the pilot and the co-pilot. The logic was that the traditional deference and respect afforded to the pilot was preventing co-pilots from pointing out errors.

I like catching the Air Crash Investigations on one of the cable channels...not from any morbid curiosity, but from the way the cause of the crash is determined from the scant remains..and also from some of the seemingly obvious mistakes that are made.

I recall one smallish plane crashing because it was overloaded despite having the regulation number of passengers and cargo on.

Turns out they were determining the overall weight of the payload by adding the cargo weight + fuel + number of passengers * average passenger bodyweight...except the 'average passenger body weight' was an average taken in the 50's when people were a teensy bit smaller...

In reply to Bob Hughes:

Korean, I think. This was in one of those airport books like Chaos or Fooled by Randomness or one of those. They switched to English as well because the Korean language itself had too much scope for expressing deference.

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...