UKC

Walking Dead season 4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 18 Oct 2013
For all you walking dead fans, starts tonight at 10 on Fox!

(apologies if you do not have Fox.......)
In reply to Denni:

Yep, beers and snacks purchased. Armchair at the ready.
 waterbaby 18 Oct 2013
In reply to Denni:

I have to wait until tomorrow when other half is here Most put out!
 Bobling 18 Oct 2013
In reply to Denni:

I turned off at the farm in season 2, despite being an avid fan of the comics. Did it get better?
 Kimono 19 Oct 2013
In reply to Bobling:
> (In reply to Denni)
>
> I turned off at the farm in season 2, despite being an avid fan of the comics. Did it get better?

Not imo. I struggled gamely on through series 3 but just got bored with it.
It just doesn't have the quality of writing that I have now been spoiled with in other us series.

A shame as it all started so well
 ThunderCat 19 Oct 2013
In reply to Kimono:

I've enjoyed it and I watched last nights episode, but I think I'm at the point where I can take it or leave it.
 TobyA 19 Oct 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:

> I've enjoyed it and I watched last nights episode, but I think I'm at the point where I can take it or leave it.

Was that the one where he meets the Irish tourist? I found that a bit disturbing. That's sort of a sign of quality in some ways because it's somehow convincing but still, disturbing is disturbing.
 ThunderCat 19 Oct 2013
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to ThunderCat)
>
> [...]
>
> Was that the one where he meets the Irish tourist? I found that a bit disturbing. That's sort of a sign of quality in some ways because it's somehow convincing but still, disturbing is disturbing.

Yeah, that was the episode. Have you read World War Z? Great book and NOT to be confused with the movie which is a totally different story to the book (only thing in common is the title)

Won't spoil the book if you haven't read it, but I reckon you might enjoy it if you liked last nights episode. Lot of individual survivor-POV stories in it.

TobyA 19 Oct 2013
In reply to ThunderCat: Haven't read it but know of it. I decided ages ago to stop watching/reading post-apocalyptica as it weirds me out too much, but Walking Dead lured me back!
 r0b 19 Oct 2013
In reply to Bobling:
> (In reply to Denni)
>
> I turned off at the farm in season 2, despite being an avid fan of the comics. Did it get better?

Season 3 much better than season 2 IMHO.
 ThunderCat 19 Oct 2013
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to ThunderCat) Haven't read it but know of it. I decided ages ago to stop watching/reading post-apocalyptica as it weirds me out too much, but Walking Dead lured me back!

Thats a shame! There's something about the book that always lures me back (read it a couple of times now). Would really recommend it...sort of comes at the genre from a slightly different angle.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...