Culture Bunker forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Don Whillans' last climb with Joe Brown

bowls - on 18 Oct 2013
Firstly, I have just come across this, apologies if this has been posted a million times before, but I found it both truly inspiring and also fascinating from an historical perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6CTK2hFvrw

As an ex runner I know how older runners have the ability to impress with amazing times that you wouldn't know they had the ability to do just looking at them before the race - Martin Rees 32 minute 10K at the age of 60 is something akin to how smoothly Joe Brown moves up the rock.

However, the banter and lively discussion is something that many of us can relate to (even at my lowly climbing ability). Leading or seconding I get scared and often talk to my leader/belayer as a way of controlling it... occasionally you can see that (or maybe I am just trying to convince myself?)!

Either way I hope that a few other UKC's can appeciate this (avoid the 'this has been posted before')
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums