UKC

Watch Peaky Blinders

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Puppythedog 20 Oct 2013
Well worth watching on iPlayer whilst you can. Episode one and two are okay with some clunky dialogue in a couple of places that doesn't ruin it and it gets better and better from there. Cillian Murphy is outstanding in it.
 peppermill 20 Oct 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

I've just finished watching this, very impressed! I know it was the name of the gang, but I can't help but think they could have thought up a better name for the series.
OP Puppythedog 20 Oct 2013
In reply to Troy Tempest: I don't know, I like the tie in with their signature form of cruelty/punishment/assault
 peppermill 20 Oct 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

I quite like the way the writers kept the violent scenes to a minimum. It was pretty clear what they were up to, but you rarely saw it.
OP Puppythedog 20 Oct 2013
In reply to Troy Tempest: not gratuitous but clear. just a bloody good series. Mrsthedog said today it's not often you don't know what'll happen next these days on telly but with this it's not clear.
 Al Evans 21 Oct 2013
In reply to puppythedog: I think this series takes the prize for the worst title ever, I almost didn't watch it because the title was so naff, However I have now and it's quite good.
 Milesy 21 Oct 2013
I'm the same. Thought it was some period drama like Downton Abbey. Caught one random episode by mistake and was watching it thinking it was a film or something. Gona go and watch them all when I have the time.
 neon_blue 21 Oct 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

Excellent series, is there going to e a series 2?
OP Puppythedog 21 Oct 2013
In reply to neon_blue: I don't know. part of me hopes not. It felt complete and to add to it would detract i think. That said if tere is one I'm sure i will watch it.
 Blackmud 21 Oct 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

Once I got used to the almost-but-not-quite brummy accents I did find it to be a good series.
 Dave Garnett 21 Oct 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

Good incidental music too, most of it Nick Cave.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...