Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Questions about 'silent feet'

Simos on 20 Oct 2013
I came across 'silent feet' a few months ago and been trying to practice it since - I can't quantify it but it feels like it's one of the best (if not the best) things I've tried and I think my climbing has improved a lot as a result. All I do is basically try to place my feet accurately (no readjustment once the foot has been placed) and quietly (i.e. pay attention to balance).

Since I just read about it briefly one day and didn't really get advise from anyone before doing it, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it just an exercise that I should do for a fraction of the climbing session (I've read it can be done as warm up) or can I just do it for the duration of the session. I pretty much try it for most of the climbing session with the exception of some problems that I am just trying to complete (usually if time permits I go back and try to do them again with silent feet)

2. When trying to do it, it sometimes feel that I am taking more weight with my arms that I would normally do (i.e. I pull one holds with my arms more in order to place my foot quietly and accurately). Is this normal or is it because I am unbalanced?

3. Is it worth keep doing this (i.e. will I continue benefiting from it) or is it mainly for complete beginners to understand about balance and good feet placement? (I feel I am not a complete beginner but my technique definitely needs a lot of polishing up)
... not showing 22 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums