Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Please some training advice for a mid-grade climber

Stottiecake - on 20 Oct 2013
I'm struggling with psyche at the moment as I'm not sure where to take my training over the winter and there is so much advice out there I'm struggling to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Experience
I'm a competent onsight climber up to E2 with the odd flourish up to E4, with no headpoint experience. I boulder 7A steadily and can creep into 7B territory on the right problem.
I have no sport climbing experience to speak of and indoors I climb in the high sixes (have climbed two 7as after a lot of work).

Targets
I'd like to get solid on onsighting E3/E4 routes and potentially higher. I'd also like to get stuck into some mid sevens indoors. I'm happy with my bouldering at present and don't really have any real interest in sport.

My abilities seem to be really lacking when it comes to indoor leading, and in the past I've just got stuck into lots of indoor climbing through the winter with no real visible gains.
I'm not really sure where I'm going wrong although an obvious weakness is I'm not completely relaxed with Falling indoors and I have no structured training plan.
I tend to fail on indoor routes because I get pumped and can't make the move or I'm scared of falling and don't give it 100%.

I think what I'm looking for is a way to increase strength endurance?
Any ideas on a structured training plan?

Sorry if the post is all over the place, on my mobile, at a bus stop in the rain :)
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums