UKC

Homeland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ripper 20 Oct 2013
still can't decide if this series is going to be worth sticking with or not...
 Tom Valentine 20 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper:
A bit better tonight without the Brody girl.
OP ripper 20 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper: I'll stay with it for now, just not sure where they're going. but maybe that's a good thing...
 WILLS 21 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper: judging by the chatter from my family in Canada, they are a week ahead in this series, episode 4 is a bit more revealing. I hope so. The whole Dana story is just going nowhere. Bring back flash forward I say.
OP ripper 21 Oct 2013
In reply to WILLS: Dana subplot might develop into something but it hasn't gripped me - wonder if it's just there to broaden the demographic? having said that, none of her last night but not a great deal of anything else happening either. Feels like it's still setting the scene, presumably they will actually get round to revealing the major storyline before long...
 JohnnyW 21 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper:
Feeling equally...well, equally unsure. Loved the previous ones, as a telly snob who rarely finds anything that holds my attention.

Fingers crossed.
andic 21 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper:

I am uptodate with America and I too was getting a bit frustrated but Brody was actually in the last one I watched and it seems to be finally moving along, though I am still baffled as to how the story will develop.
In reply to andic:

I feel that this is the problem that a lot of these series suffer from; the first series had a clearly defined premise ("is he a traitor or is he not?") but once that was dealt with, they had to stretch the story out or take it in a new direction, series 2 stretched it out and managed it pretty well, thought it wasn't as good as the first series in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see where this one goes, and Homeland has always been a bit of a slow-burner rather than in-your-face instant plotlines, but I just hope it doesn't end up just going over the same ground again. It has done so far with re-visiting Carrie's mental illness.
OP ripper 21 Oct 2013
In reply to Byronius Maximus: I note that Claire Danes is listed as Producer, or something, so she probably has it written into the contract that she has to be allowed at least three or four scenes of goggle-eyes in every episode.
 Kimono 21 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper:
I have just watched E4 and believe me, the tempo has just picked up!
andic 23 Oct 2013
In reply to andic:

Just watched 4th episode, WOW! The sneaky buggers!
OP ripper 23 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper: oi! no spoilers!
 lost1977 23 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper

Just run out of stuff to watch so might give this a go
 cuppatea 24 Oct 2013
In reply to andic:

Thanks for the that! I've watched the first 3 episodes and was about to give up on it.
 lost1977 27 Oct 2013
In reply to lost1977:

Bloody hell this is slow
andic 27 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper:

I won't spoil, tune in tonight. I think it might gain a pit of pace now.
Pan Ron 27 Oct 2013
In reply to andic:

You call this exciting? It's got more tedious each episode imho. Not helped by Carrie being one of the most annoying characters I've seen in a while. There was at least something slightly creative in the first series, what with the all-American soldier boy turned terrorist. But the moment he couldn't press the button when with the president it all got a bit predictable.
 lost1977 27 Oct 2013
In reply to David Martin:

cheers mate for the spoiler might as well not watch the rest of the first season
 WILLS 27 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper: I agree this is just getting boring now!
Pan Ron 27 Oct 2013
In reply to lost1977:

Sorry, but I've probably done you a favour. Invest too much time in it and you're obliged to watch the whole thing.
 WILLS 27 Oct 2013
In reply to WILLS: hang on! Twist! This better be worth it Saul!
OP ripper 27 Oct 2013
In reply to ripper: that's it, I'm hooked again
 lost1977 27 Oct 2013

Problem is now I have watched the first half of season 1 its gonna iritate me if I don't finish the first season
Graeme G 27 Oct 2013
In reply to WILLS:

Def thought it was going way downhill until the end of tonights episode. Brilliant twist!
andic 27 Oct 2013
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

Hurrah told you so, its been a good show and I think it will deliver
Pan Ron 27 Oct 2013
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

Cynical at best. Credit to them for the twist....but you have to sit through 58 minutes of dross (and adverts) to get to the revealed masterplan. Pause for a moment and think of all the utterly improbable events that needed to occur to get to that point and Thunderbirds was more believable.

Ridge 28 Oct 2013
> (In reply to andic)
>
> You call this exciting? It's got more tedious each episode imho. Not helped by Carrie being one of the most annoying characters I've seen in a while. There was at least something slightly creative in the first series, what with the all-American soldier boy turned terrorist. But the moment he couldn't press the button when with the president it all got a bit predictable.

I enjoyed the first series, but if they'd have finished it with Brodie hitting the button it would have been much, much better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...