UKC

Helmets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
student climber 21 Oct 2013
I am a Masters student and am looking into rock climbing helmet design
if you could please find the time to fill out this 2 minute questionnaire it would help me enormously, thank you in advance

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FJN7JB7
 BigHairyIan 21 Oct 2013
In reply to student climber: done
In reply to BigHairyIan: Thank You =)
tri-nitro-tuolumne 21 Oct 2013
In reply to student climber:

Done.

Question 5 should be "affects" not "effects"
 mrdigitaljedi 21 Oct 2013
In reply to student climber: there u go..............
 Puppythedog 21 Oct 2013
In reply to student climber: Done.
In reply to student climber: Thanks all =D
and tri-nitro-toulumne damn you i thought i had it all perfect lol =S
In reply to student climber: Done though I didn't find it very obvious whether I, as a helmet wearer, should answer Q5 and 6. I did anyway
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Thanks
sorry about the confusion, both questions are for people who do and do not wear helmets, its to see why people dont wear them and what people would like to be improved about them
 bpmclimb 21 Oct 2013

I'm curious - on what basis did you select your age bands? Like a lot of active climbers, I'm 50 plus, and if anything we oldies are more likely to wear helmets - and are just as likely to be interested in new design features.
 Simon4 21 Oct 2013
In reply to student climber: You also miss out the 2 most obvious reasons why people won't wear a helmet (and a third supplementary one) :

1) It is too hot
2) It has no street cred (I was going to put "it is not cool", but that is too similar to 1)

Do you wear a helmet yes/no

What happened to 'sometimes'.
In reply to bpmclimb: i have realised this from this questionnaire that there a still a lot of climbers that are over 50 that was just a bad judgement call by my part
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh: i was looking for the majority, sometimes can add too many complications, like iv only done it once or twice what do you put, i fully understand your point, i should have stated that i was looking for if you wear it more often than not or vice versa
In reply to Simon4: yea a lot of the last question has been answered with very hot, i am part of a climbing society so can only manage a few hours at a time so have never noticed it myself. I only lightly touched on it with the ventillation option but i think ill be looking into that a lot more thoroughly than first thought
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:
> (In reply to student climber)
>
> Do you wear a helmet yes/no
>
> What happened to 'sometimes'.

Sometimes = Yes
 jimtitt 22 Oct 2013
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:
I put no, once in two years is certainly a sometimes but a long way from saying I´m a helmet wearer!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...