UKC

Pod X-Pod

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 due 22 Oct 2013
Are these still good packs? I have a Cragsac that is amazing, but it was made in Sheffield, so an X-Pod isn't as much of a no-brainer any more (no offence China). There aren't many sources for them so I'm not holding my breath for a special offer any time soon, meaning I need a bit of reassurance!
 ColdWill 23 Oct 2013
In reply to due: Hi, I got a Black Ice to replace my old Sheffield Black Ice and I can't tell the workmanship apart. New materials but the same quality. That is a heavy pack though and that new Berghaus is looking good.
OP due 23 Oct 2013
In reply to ColdWill:

Thanks for replying. The Berghaus does indeed look good, might try look at one when some more places have stock. Don't mind a bit of extra weight for some added toughness and comfort though.
m0unt41n 24 Oct 2013
In reply to due: I have an X-Pod and a Black Ice as well as an older Crux AK47-X. The X-Pod is excellent, weighs about 2.4Kg, but I can carry comfortably 20+Kg with it. Simple and bomb proof. ditto the Black Ice.

Not so convinced about the Crux, the floating lid is very badly designed and the straps slip.

I originally had an Arcteryx Bora 95 for expeditions, super comfortable with big loads but very heavy and some features seemed pointless. The X-Pod is nice and simple and has only the features I needed.

So far my feelings are that if I need to replace the X-Pod then I will get another of them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...