UKC

climbing shoes, buying help ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
diablo 22 Oct 2013
hi hi,

am seeing a lovely gal, that is massively into climbing. Bouldering in particular.

she's mentioned that her shoes are fairly shot, and christmas is on its way.

she's an amazing climber; very talented.

we looked in the shop at boulder brighton, and it was quickly identified that the "arc" shaped shoes weren't her fave.

any advice on brand and if there's any grades on odd things about soles i should look for would be great

i know that climbing shoes should be tight, so, half size down on standard shoe size ?

thankyou for all comments,

diablo
 Jon Stewart 22 Oct 2013
In reply to diablo:

I reckon you'll have to take her to buy the shoes. Which could be romantic (?}. All the sizes depend on the brand and to get properly fitting shoes you have to try a few on and find the ones that fit. If you buy them without her there, you're about 98% likely to get the wrong ones.
diablo 22 Oct 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

maybe a gift token then ? if the shop does them ? what sort of budget am i looking at ?
diablo 22 Oct 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:
> (In reply to diablo)
>
> Which could be romantic (?}. PS., General idea, with luck ?

JJL 22 Oct 2013
In reply to diablo:

Either

Buy a pair of the same shoes and size as she has

Or

Buy a pair of Katanas in 1/2 size too small (they bag a bit) but agree with shop that if they are BNWT on Jan 1, you can bring them back...
 Jon Stewart 22 Oct 2013
In reply to diablo:

Good shoes are about £100ish. I get all mine cheap off ebay and UKC and stuff for this reason, but you need to know your feet well to enter that game.

Decathlon do gift tokens but have quite a crap selection of shoes.
Ferret 23 Oct 2013
In reply to diablo: Madame Ferret has received a home made gift voucher before, entitling her to a new pair of winter boots and a suitable lunch out as part of the trip to buy them... just make something up (your not tied to a specific shop then), pop it in an envelope and make a day of it.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...