UKC

Decent ladies intermediate/ advanced shoes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CharlieMack 23 Oct 2013
Looking to upgrade shoes for the missus from her evolv elecktra's. Looking at what's available, there seems to be lots of beginner or high end end shoes, but not many mid shoes.
The reason for the upgrade is that she just can't stand on small footholds for seconding harder climbs climbs and for bouldering. Where the elektras are just far too soft.

The anazasi lvs look good and ladies katanas don't fit. Is there anything else people would recommend thats not super aggressive like instincts as its mainly as a trad shoe.

OP CharlieMack 23 Oct 2013
In reply to CharlieMack:

Also if anyone is selling some 4.5/ 37s for sale give me a shout.
 cat22 23 Oct 2013
In reply to CharlieMack: Scarpa Thunder? I've used them on 6c sport routes with no problem, and when they stretch a bit they're a good all day shoe. I find they're not the best for steep routes but very good for small holds.
In reply to cat22:

They sound quite good for small footholds, but don't really want to spend £80 on a second pair of of beginners shoes. Looking at something she can can have more use of once she's a bit better.
 krasavenko 23 Oct 2013
In reply to CharlieMack: Scarpa Vapor V's - I adore mine! You can also try the lace up version, I think they are a bit comfier, but it would all depend on how you fit them.

I have a pair of V's in 36.5 that need a resole - you can have them for free. I also don't use my lace ups enough to justify keeping them, but they are 38 - I bought them for comfy outdoors - so I would advise trying them on for size!
 maria85 23 Oct 2013
In reply to CharlieMack: Anasazi LVs!! Love them, on my third pair (originally bought to replace old pinks, which are out again next spring, will have to see what they're like). The heel on the LVs is lower than on the men's Anasazis, which suits me better, I find the others dig in to my achilles.

Personally I found the Vapor's really uncomfortable but everyone's different.
In reply to krasavenko:

Cheers Liyen, might take you up on that. Im up in Edinburgh this weekend if if you're around?
 ElbowsB 23 Oct 2013
In reply to CharlieMack:
They make a women's Five Ten Blackwing, though I use the men's without issue (they were on sale so much cheaper). Although they look quite aggressive, they are also very soft, so comfortable to wear. Anasazis are also good. I don't think there's as much in women's fit/men's fit shoes as there is in the difference between the brands, so don't be locked into the idea of women's shoes.
 Steve nevers 23 Oct 2013
In reply to CharlieMack: Evolv geshidos might be from a look, fairly low volume, works with my skinny heel and after about 1-2 weeks of getting used to/stretching them any hotspots have gone and they are the best fit i can find from any company! The downturn on them isn't so nasty, and after they molded to my foot they are a good all-day shoe.
 kyaizawa 23 Oct 2013
In reply to CharlieMack:
Another vote for the LV - tried some on at a Five Ten shoe demo and they are ace!! Just waiting for some of my other shoes to die, to justify getting them.
Having said that, I also agree with one of the replies above - I go purely on fit (width, volume, arch, etc), and so end up taking a mix of men's and women's shoes depending on the make/model. An indication of her foot shape might help narrow doen suggestions??
 krasavenko 24 Oct 2013
In reply to CharlieMack: I'm working in ratho both days give me a shout if you want me to bring them in!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...