Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Understanding University costs - Help a confused parent please

chubbs2 - on 23 Oct 2013
Right I've got 2 kids who are likely to be off to University in the next 2-3 years. I've got the 9k per annum Tuition fee thing, (which may well have gone up by the time they go) and I understand that this is covered by a student loan repayable when they are working and earning a certain salary etc.

I'd like to feel I could make a contribution to their living costs, but I'm confused by the stuff on-line about hall costs and some Universities giving bursaries to help with costs and some funding available for low income households etc etc.

Can anybody give me a rough idea on additional costs outside tuition fees, to study for example Engineering at a half decent (but not top) University.Things like Hall fees and / or a room in a shared house and cost for books etc. Don't worry about beer and food....I'm sure they'll be too busy working to need any.

Confused of Chester
... not showing 28 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums