UKC

Overtrousers for Tall People

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GaryK 24 Oct 2013
I am 6ft 2" - 1.85m tall with an inside leg of 35" - 89cm, (groin to ankle bone). My last pair of overtrousers, (which didn't fit), are now more gaffer tape than material.

I need them for winter climbing and I have narrowed the search to;

Haglofs Roc Pant XLarge Long, (35"), only Craigdon even list the longer version of any Haglofs items, and don't stock this item. If I order it in I cannot return it, and I've never worn Haglofs before, so I have no idea what their sizes are like.

Mountain Hard Wear Seraction Pant Large Long, (34"), no shops stock any MHW long items so I cannot see if they fit. They only sell the long version in the US, via their website, and will not ship outside the US. Again I have never worn their kit, so I don't know if the sizes in their chart will fit me.

Mountain Equipment Tupilak Pant XLarge Long, (33") no shop stocks the long version of this item, so again if I order it I cannot return it if it doesn't fit.

Rab, Paramo, Lowe Alpine, Berghaus, Mammut and Patagonia all believe that the tallest person in the world has an inside leg measurement of 32". If anybody knows of a manufacturer that makes longer leg length waterproof trousers that are actually available in a shop then please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any contributions.
 jalien 24 Oct 2013
In reply to GaryK: I've got some Berghaus paclite trousers, which come in a long version (33-34"), but probably aren't suitable for winter climbing
 Richard Carter 24 Oct 2013
In reply to GaryK:

It's finding them in the shop that will be the problem. Mammut make a huge range of sizes - for example, I have some trousers from them with a 30" waist and 34.5" leg. I went to a Mammut shop in Germany that had all the sizes so I got lucky.

What waist are you?
 tlm 24 Oct 2013
In reply to GaryK:

I've got long Mammut trousers, which are about 34".

I tend to buy stuff online - if you get the wrong size you can always return them (just check the returns policy before you buy, but it is usually quite alright online). Sometimes, you just have to pay extra postage.

I've really like Haglofs stuff for being much longer and thinner than the usual sizing.
 martinph78 24 Oct 2013
In reply to GaryK: Cotswold Outdoor stock the Haglofs Roc and ME Tupilak pants. If you phone/visit them they'll be able to order them in your size to try (if they don't have it).

As for the rest, I know that Berghaus do a long trouser (34"), so aren't limited to just 32" leg. Again, in stock in Cotswolds.

Also have a look at Keela.
 Denni 24 Oct 2013
In reply to GaryK:

My mate has a 35.5 inside leg and I sold him some Arcteryx bibs which had a 34 inside leg. He simply got a decent pair of lightweight goretex gaiters, had them modified and had them sewn into the bottom of the trousers to extend them so they fitted perfectly over his winter and ski boots.

Cost him about £30 to get it professionally done and he reckons it is the best thing he has done. Like you, he spent an age looking for a pair, buying some from shops online hoping they would fit but they didn't, always something wrong, the fit etc etc so this was the perfect solution for him.

Might be an idea? Den

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...