UKC

Question Time. Britain's most important tv program

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
estivoautumnal 24 Oct 2013
As per title. Is question time the most important TV program in the UK.
 Jon Stewart 24 Oct 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal:

Depends who's on. I thought tonight would be excellent with Owen Jones and the poisonous Hitchens, but it didn't deliver (those two just refused to interact while Flint and bland, empty Tory lady just bickered pointlessly about little of consequence).

Hitchens' views were wildly off the mark of the public opinion, Jones didn't have anything new to say, it doesn't matter what the Lib Dems say under any circs, and no one could actually hear whether the Lab/Tory cat fight had any content to speak of (doubtful).

But even so, yes, it's probably the TV programme that best reflects the current state of things that roughly matter. Although you could just watch this instead:

youtube.com/watch?v=p3tUqRBiMVo&

Run_Ross_Run 25 Oct 2013

Nah. Top gear for me.
 Phil1919 25 Oct 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal: It would be if they tackled green issues more rigorously.
 toad 25 Oct 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal: Any Questions on't wireless is probably a better debate, but Any Answers is just too Jeremy Vine for me
 Postmanpat 25 Oct 2013
> As per title. Is question time the most important TV program in the UK.

In that it reveals an almost a complete lack of independent or original thought, or in many cases even knowledge, amongst our political representatives then I guess it plays a role.

Certainly on those grounds one of the most depressing programmes on TV,
 Trevers 25 Oct 2013

How about Have I Got News For You? Seems a very British ideal that our politicians should be publicly mocked on the BBC.
 Phil1919 25 Oct 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal: Well, lo and behold, the first question last night did the green issue better than for a long time. David Dimbleby shows no interest in it at all. Tim Farron and Owen Jones, and to some extent Caroline Flint were on the mark there. Peter Hitchens just a nice dinosaur with opinions on coal mining and his 'no threat of climate change' not worth challenging.
 Phil1919 25 Oct 2013
In reply to Postmanpat:

'Certainly on those grounds one of the most depressing programmes on TV',

You obviously don't watch much tele!
In reply to estivoautumnal: For me it's the weather after the news.
Jimbo W 25 Oct 2013

It is when Will Self, Russell Brand, Shami Chakrabarti are bringing some balance to the generally right wing representatives of our political establishment or the press.
 Jon Stewart 25 Oct 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:
> (In reply to estivoautumnal)
>
> It is when Will Self, Russell Brand, Shami Chakrabarti are bringing some balance to the generally right wing representatives of our political establishment or the press.

Yeah, Owen Jones is just too far right for me!
 Martin W 25 Oct 2013
In reply to Postmanpat:
> (In reply to estivoautumnal)
> [...]
>
> In that it reveals an almost a complete lack of independent or original thought, or in many cases even knowledge, amongst our political representatives then I guess it plays a role.
>
> Certainly on those grounds one of the most depressing programmes on TV,

I never thought I'd find myself saying this, but on this occasion I agree with Postmanpat 100%.
 cuthill76 25 Oct 2013

"As per title. Is question time the most important TV program in the UK."

Question time, a middle class version of Jeremy Kyle.
 jasonC abroad 25 Oct 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

Your right it seems that the non political panel members seem to talk the most sense. Thought Russell Brand was good on it and Will Self always has some interesting views.
andymac 25 Oct 2013

Prefer This Week.

Portillo is an interesting guy .and at times refreshingly candid and unbiased.
KevinD 25 Oct 2013
In reply to cuthill76:

> Question time, a middle class version of Jeremy Kyle.

I thought that was the Jeremy Vine show.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...