Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Has anyone taken a retailer to small claims court?

Bjartur i Sumarhus on 25 Oct 2013
I am considering threatening taking a motorbike dealership to small claims court using the sale of goods act if they do not replace a scooter which i bought from them less than 1 year ago (ex demo with 100 miles on clock). The bike is still under warranty.

Has anyone done anything similar and was it worth it?

The scooter has had two coolant system blow outs, a coolant leak, an ongoing miss fire problem still unresolved which is dangerous and problems starting. It has been in the workshop for a total of 7 weeks in the last 11 months (waiting for parts from Italy). In fairness, the shop has always provided a courtesy bike and done all the work under warranty, but now enough is enough (bike coolant system blew up again this morning (second time) under too much pressure and is now unrideable again)

My plan is to get a courtesy bike form them tomorrow, then hit them with a letter telling them that I would like a replacement new bike as this one is clearly unfit for use or I will take them to the small claims court under the sales of goods act if they do not replace or refund. I am hoping that because I have a courtesy bike, they will not so easily fob me off.

am I dreaming or do I have a case?

... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums