UKC

Just a little bit of steroids?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 25 Oct 2013
Seems like a lot of athletes in the news who get popped for steroids use the excuse that it was to recover from an injury. Is this a legitimate use? It help recover from an injury?

I have a problem with my wrist, elbow and ankle from various different accidents/injuries. The doctors basically keep telling me 'give it another 6 weeks'. Which is pretty demotivating. Ive done one day climbing since June.

Is it possible to take a very low dose of steroids to speed up healing? Would there be side effects, would there be a possible risk of damaging your endocrine system? Can you get a prescription for this or is it always going to be illegal?

wbo 25 Oct 2013
In reply to Kemics: If you're serious talk again to your doctor. My understanding is that you might want a specific steroid, dose and implementation to fix for example tendon damage rather than taking a probably useless guesstimated popshot with an illegal dose
 The Potato 26 Oct 2013
In reply to Kemics: are you talking about catabolic or anabolic?
andic 26 Oct 2013
In reply to owena:

I'm guessing anabolic, if he wants to repair and grow.

I don't see a problem with steroid use as long as you are not competing (against non users). Just don't get addicted to the package.

Šljiva 26 Oct 2013
In reply to Kemics: or see a physio that understands climbing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...