UKC

Chris Craggs. why did you climb 'Free That You B*stards'?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 26 Oct 2013

Just wondering really. The name made an impression when I read about it being freed and called 'The B*stard'.

Ta,
Tim
 jimjimjim 26 Oct 2013
In reply to Timmd: wondering what?
 JamButty 26 Oct 2013
In reply to Timmd: Discussed a couple of months ago?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=559294
 JamButty 26 Oct 2013
In reply to JamButty: ooh just noticed, original also posted by you!
Not happy with original thread.
OP Timmd 26 Oct 2013
In reply to JamButty: He didn't say, so I'm still wondering. I'm not out to stir or anything, just genuinely curious. Perhaps I'll email him instead.()
 Mick Ward 26 Oct 2013
In reply to Timmd:

Some things best left.

I spent long enough on The Sissy (before becoming diverted by other things) and, much as I looked across at The Bastard, I could never see any holds (or what most of us would regard as holds).

Mick
 Michael Hood 27 Oct 2013
In reply to Timmd: At that time lots of the old aid routes on places like Raventor were being freed. If I remember correctly (somebody with a better memory or direct connection to the actual events may of course know better), Chris climbed an aid route on said crag (Brandenburg Gate?) that involved several skyhook moves and this was immediately freed - or at least attempts were immediately made to free it.

"Free that you B*stards" was Chris's response.

In the magazines at the time, this was all reported as a kind of "competition" between free and aid routes in terms of what was it actually possible to free climb.
OP Timmd 27 Oct 2013
In reply to Michael Hood: Cool, interesting, kind of tongue in cheek.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...