UKC

Kasbah Tizourgane- Morocco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Elsier 26 Oct 2013
I've got a booking for Kasbah Tizourgane for our Morocco trip in about a weeks time but I've been trying to get in touch with them for over a week to add two more people to the booking.

Has anyone else had problems with getting in touch with them? Anyone elsie out there now?

Not sure whether to try and find accomodation somewhere else as it's getting close to when we go.
silo 26 Oct 2013
In reply to Elsier: I would just turn up, they will have room! They are lovely people and you will have a great time.
OP Elsier 27 Oct 2013
In reply to silo:

Great- thanks for that!
Alii 27 Oct 2013
In reply to Elsier:

We were there a couple of weeks ago. Another group there only heard the day before that they were confirmed. I'm sure you'll be ok.

The road from Ighir into Samazar was in the best nick we'd ever seen it, possibly because we've always been in March before after the winter rains.

My 'driver' took 29 minutes from the excellent Dragon Buttress back to Ighir but 40 mins might be easier on the passenger's nerves!

Tony & Sarah 27 Oct 2013
In reply to Elsier: Have just been booking our accomodation for March next year, sent e-mail last night had reply an hour ago.

What ever happens they will always manage to find you room.
 jonnie3430 27 Oct 2013
In reply to Elsier:

Can anyone let me know what the best option for lunch is here? Do the Kasbah provide, is there a close local shop or is it best to hit the supermarket on the way from the airport?
 Martin Bennett 27 Oct 2013
In reply to jonnie3430:

There's a parade of shops/cafes in Idouagnidif, a coupla miles from Kasbah, on your way if you're going to Afantinzar or Samazar. A round loaf big enough for two is about 8p and they all sell stuff like tinned fish and cheese slices/dairylea type crap. And they often have eggs on display but be careful - it's "Moroccan Roulette" - about 1 in 6 is not hard-boiled!

Buy water there too - very cheap in 4 or 5 litre containers. Incidentally some of these chaps have scruples i.e. don't try to overcharge the "poor dumb tourist" that is you; Some haven't.

We now spend an hour or so on arrival day driving the wrong way from Agadir airport and shopping for beer and wine at the Marjane Supermarket (google it for directions) and stock up with a few tins of lunch type stuff at the same time. They wom't serve alcohol at The Kasbah but are OK about you bringing your own. No corkage yet but I can see the day . . . .

Signed
Alii's driver (see note above)
 Chriswallis2 28 Oct 2013
Tax isn't included in the price they quote.. cant remember the % but being naive, we got stung. Awesome place though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...